tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

BoxElder Craft Beer and Tap Room in Wynwood

BoxElder



BoxElder craft beer market, Wynwood

is a craft beer market and taproom in the Wynwood district of Miami, FL. I stopped there recently for a beverage and liked what I saw. I chatted briefly with Adam, one of the owners. He told me his business had been open for about 3 years. I asked him about the cost of commercial space in the area. Adam told me about 3 years ago, commercial space was going for about $35.00/sq. ft. in Wynwood, now it's up to $75.00. I don't know how many of you have been to this area but some of it looks like bombed-out buildings. It's amazing to me how valuable this real estate is now, certainly to become more valuable in the future. In the fashion world, the equivalent of designer "distressed jeans".  With the cost of commercial space I remarked to Adam that you would need to sell a lot of draft beers. "You're not kidding" was his response.

They have an interesting tap beer Menu. I decided to sample the Rite of Spring, a honey apple cyser with raspberries from Accomplice Brewery in Florida.

Honey apple cyser
What is cyser you may ask? It is basically a wine made from apples, honey and yeast. For those that do not know, here is the Scoop on cyser. It was really really good, and tasted like raspberries with the infused flavorings. Good thing I was warned this was 10% ABV. Tasty but deadly.

They also have food offerings at BoxElder, and I was quite amused by them. I suppose this is one way to get around having a stove and or oven.

Bratwurst, BoxElder craft beer market
I watched their chef prepare some bratwurst by a quite novel, but very practical cooking method. The sausage was finished with a "fake Shake Shack" sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomato, also by "blowtorch cooking".

Bratwurst, BoxElder craft beer market
After a delicious libation, I left with a smile and an education.

It's a wrap for another post on Forks.

BoxElder craft beer market
2825 NW 2nd Ave. 
Miami, FL 33127
(305)942-7769
BoxElder Website 

All major credit cards accepted; Open Monday 4 PM-Midnight, Tuesday-Thursday 1 PM-Midnight, Friday-Saturday 1 PM- 2 AM, Sunday 1 PM- 10 PM

Post a Comment