tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lunch at USS Nemo



is a restaurant in Naples, FL. They are best described as an Asian fusion restaurant and have been open for 16 years, a very good sign. I have eaten here a few times over the years and it has been a year or so since I have been back. I friend had recently done a very nice favor for me. I thought I would buy my friend and dining companion (DC) lunch that day as payback which would also provide great fodder for another blog post.

As you approach the restaurant, there is an outside, but limited, dining area .


As you enter the restaurant, the interior space is commodious and inviting.



and if you choose, you can eat at their bar area.


DC and I tried a few things off the Lunch Menus.

Some very nice bread was brought to the table,


which was sort of a sour dough/Ciabatta bread hybrid.

DC and I split the crunchy grouper starter.


This was really really really really good. Chunks of grouper were breaded in corn flakes, perfectly fried and covered in a mango Yuzu sauce with red cabbage and pomegranate. 

Perfection was followed by almost more perfection.

I ordered the swordfish tacos.These were served with seasoned vegetable rice and greens with miso dressing. Chipotle and tomatillo salsa, pico de gallo and avocado were brought as condiments. The only complaint I had about this dish was that the serving size of the condiments was ornamental. There wasn't enough to season the tacos. Easily remedied though.


DC ordered the miso salmon.

This was perfectly cooked salmon in a citrus/ginger butter sauce with rice, carrot tempura and asparagus. I loved the flying fish roe garnish, beautiful.

All of the food served to us that day was exceptional and there is a reason why USS Nemo has been open for 16 years, highly recommended.

They are open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30-1400.

That's that for another post on Forks.

USS Nemo
3745 Tamiami Trail N
Naples, FL 34103
(239)261-6366


Post a Comment