tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy Hour at Cavo Lounge



is a restaurant in the Mercato, a mixed used commercial/residential development in Naples, FL.

My dining companion (DC) that day and I decided to check out their happy hour Menu which I had heard good things about.

There is plenty of outdoor seating at Cavo Lounge,





which is great for taking advantage of the exceptional weather in Southwest Florida in the winter months.

The interior of Cavo Lounge is very interesting,



and seems to draw from a very eclectic collection of materials giving it a feel somewhat unique to the area.

As it was a very nice evening that night, DC and I decided to eat outside. We sampled a number of things off the Menu that are discounted for happy hour, that runs from 4-7 P.M.

The first thing ordered was the spicy tuna tartare.

This was raw Ahi tuna served on a base of a sweet chili/avocado mixture, spicy mayo, wontons and soy dipping sauce. It was ok, but not my favorite of the night.

DC ordered mini chicken gyros.

I never eat gyros trying to be calorie conscious but they were good. I am of the philosophy that if you are going to eat gyros, go all in, do it right and at least have the beef version. Just my 2 cents.

I am a big fan of Burrata, so that's what I ordered.

It was really good, served with roasted pears. arugula, toasted bread points and a honey vinaigrette dressing. The richness of the cheese blended well with the sweetness of the fruit and the dressing.

Korean chicken lollipops were next.


Chicken wings were treated "Asian style" in a soy/ginger marinade, garnished with white and black sesame seeds and served with green onions. Not bad.

DC ordered the chef's special blend sliders and they were great.


Mini burgers were topped with tomato jam, bacon, white cheddar, arugula and served with fries and ketchup. Highly recommended.

I love octopus, so that is what I finished up with.

Grilled octopus was served with potato, artichoke hearts, piquillo peppers and a mayo/piquillo pepper sauce. This was my favorite of the evening. The octopus was cooked perfectly and the vegetables and sauce served with this dish complemented it nicely.

After all this food DC and I decided to check out that evening's concert series featuring The Appleseed Collective



with everyone else that evening.



The happy hour at Cavo Lounge is great, offers discounts of 16-30% off normal prices and is one of the best (food-wise) happy hours in town. Highly recommended!

Another evening of food and music and another post on Forks.

Cavo Lounge
9108 Strada Place STE 14120
Naples, FL 34108
(239)431-8706

Post a Comment