tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Monday, December 14, 2015

Dinner at KC American Bistro

KC American Bistro (KC) is a restaurant in Naples, FL serving interpretations of American Regional Cuisines.  KC are the initials of the chef and owner Keith Casey. He is a really, really good cook.

They are located in the Pavillion Shopping Plaza which at present is undergoing a serious makeover so I do not have any photos of the front of the restaurant. When renovations are completed, this plaza will have a much needed, and very aesthetically pleasing patina.

(KC) has been around since 2009, and I wrote about them in 2013. I loved their food then, and since then they have expanded. What a great excuse for a second visit!

As you approach the entrance there is plenty of outdoor seating,


which is nice in the winter months.

The interior of the restaurant has been significantly expanded,



is very nice and also has a full bar.


My dining companion (DC) and I tried a few things off KC menus. I remembered a few stalwarts from my last visit, but there were quite a few new items.



I love pork belly, so that is what I tried.


This was heaven, and was a very nice slab of apple cider braised pork belly plopped atop a carrot/cumin puree and carmelized apples.

For an entree, I ordered the nori and sesame seared Hawaiian ahi tuna.



It too was really good, served with Sushi Rice, Wasabi, Gari, baby bok choy and Ponzu sauce. Not bad.

DC ordered the Ritz cracker seared seared grouper.


Although this photo does not do the dish justice, it was the best dish of the night. Ritz cracker breaded grouper, atop thyme roaster fingerling potatoes and fresh corn and napa cabbage slaw. Really really great!

I was not disappointed over 2 years ago and was not disappointed now. The food at KC American Bistro is great, this is one of the best restaurants in town. You will never get a bad meal here. The restaurant for a Tuesday night in the beginning of December was packed, both a telling and very good sign. I would go back again as there are so many good looking items on the menu to try.

That's that for another post on Forks.

KC American Bistro
885 Vanderbilt Beach Rd,
Naples, FL 34108
(239)566-2371
Post a Comment