tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy Hour at Fresh Catch Bistro


is a restaurant in Fort Myers Beach, FL.

Their happy hour runs from 4-6 P.M. daily in the bar area and features a number of food and beverage specials for $5.00 each.



They also have a very nice inside 


and outside dining area


with great views of the beach for lunch or dinner, perhaps the subject of a future blog post.


I ate here a number of years ago and was very disappointed. After looking at their happy hour Menu recently my dining companion (DC) and I decided to come back for a second look. As we sat at the bar I really liked what I saw being served 


and I couldn't wait to try some of it.

The first thing DC and I tried were the peel and eat shrimp, which you can order hot or cold. We decided on the latter.


There were about a half pound of shrimp, well cooked and served with lemon and cocktail sauce. I nice start to the meal.

We then started on the escargot bourguignonne, which was a very good portion of snails and mushrooms in a Chardonnay/ garlic Matre d'Hotel Butter Sauce and served with toasted garlic bread to mop up all that goodness. Very tasty!


Crab cakes were next.


These were not bad, and were served with a Chipotle Aioli and a Couscous salad. I usually do not order crab cakes out as they invariably are short in the crab and long in the cake, but these were not bad. I would give them a 7/10.

Oysters Rockefeller were next, and were over the top excellent!



This restaurant's take was a spinach/Pernod sauce and a mozzarella cheese topping. I think the picture speaks deliciousness!

Two adjacent diners were eating lobster mac n' cheese and let me take a picture of it.


I usually shy away from this sort of thing as it's just way too caloric, but I tried a bit and it was not bad. The jalapeno peppers added a bit of spice to the dish but lobster is just way too delicate a flavor to start mixing cheese, breadcrumbs and peppers in with it. Just my two cents but it's all a matter of taste, isn't it?

I really liked the happy hour at Fresh Catch Bistro. The four dishes and two beverages came to $30.00, a real bargain. 

In Fort Myers Beach, my three go to places for happy hour are now Fresh Catch Bistro, Island View restaurant atop the Lani Kai hotel and Mantanzas On The Bay.


It's a wrap for another post on Forks.

Fresh Catch Bistro
3040 Estero Blvd.
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
(239)463-2300


Post a Comment