tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lunch at HB's On the Gulf



is a hotel and golf resort in Naples, FL. They are practically an institution here and will be celebrating their 70th year of operations in 2016.


They have a beachfront restaurant at the hotel, HB's On the Gulf.

HB's is part of a consortium of local restaurants called Naples Originals. Quarterly, Naples Originals offers gift certificates for a 30% discount at member restaurants. Having purchased one of these for HB's On the Gulf, what a great excuse to go get lunch there.

HB's has a very understatedly elegant indoor dining area that just came off a recent remodel.


There is also a very pleasant outdoor dining space where my dining companion (DC) and I decided to eat lunch,



that has great views of the beach and the Gulf of Mexico.


DC and I decided to try a few things from their Lunch Menu.


Before our order, a really nice serving of Ciabatta bread was brought to the table with some Tarragon-infused olive oil. I love tarragon, and was all over this!


DC and I split an order of the pickled golden beet salad to start, which was deftly split into two portions by the kitchen staff.




Pickled golden beets served as a foundation for greens, scallions, goat cheese all topped with a White Balsamic Vinaigrette. This dish really got my attention.

I love fish tacos and that is what I ordered.


Copious amounts of blackened grouper were served with Tomatillo salsa and sour cream. Much different that the California variety but really good and tres Florida!

DC ordered the Jamaican pineapple boat.



Chicken salad with cashews/coconut, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, watermelon and cream cheese-banana bread finger sandwiches made up this dish. I tried a bit of the chicken salad and it was really tasty.

I had another version of this photo that was not taken in direct sunlight. Doesn't look as nice, does it? Fruit is a different animal photographically. 


We were offered a dessert menu but more food was not possible.


This is not on their website so I put this up for those of you with a sweet tooth.

The food at HB's was great and was even better at 30% off with my Naples Originals gift certificate. The restaurant is one of a handful of beachfront dining establishments in Naples. In my opinion, it is in the top two of those for ambiance, service and food quality. I have not eaten dinner here, but I love HB's for lunch and would go back without hesitation.

HB's On the Gulf
851 Gulf Shore Boulevard N.
Naples, FL 34102
(239)435-4347

Post a Comment