tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pig Roast at Cafe Figaro



is a restaurant located in the Wiggins Pass Crossing Plaza


in north Naples, FL. It's a bit hard to find as it's located behind the buildings in the plaza that are adjacent to U.S. Route 41. The restaurant specializes primarily in Mediterranean Cuisine.

They have an outside


and of course an indoor dining area that was very pleasant.



A friend ate there the other day and told me what a great meal they had.  After going to Figaro's Website, I saw they have an all you can eat pig roast every last Sunday of the month that runs from 12-5 P.M. As it had been many moons since I have had roast pig, I could not resist.

The pig is cooked on a rotisserie and I tried to get there early to get a peek. I was just on time.


The owner was very proud of the fruits of his labor and rightly so.


The meal also included Shopska Salad (Figaro Salad)


which was a delicious mix of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, bell pepper, Feta cheese, parsley and an Apple Cider Vinaigrette.

Baked beans


bread


and really great Scalloped Potatoes


accompanied an almost endless amount of roast pig.


I love Pork Belly and one of the best things I thought about this meal was literally Ad Libitum portions of pork skin.

This was a really great brunch, one of the best I have eaten in the area.


It is also unique as I do not know of any other restaurant in town that has roast pig on a regular basis. At $15.00 it is an unbelievable bargain.

I understand they will also be having their pig roast this July 4th.

Would I go back? Most definitely; and running back.

That's that for another post on Forks.

Cafe Figaro
13510 Tamiami Tr. N.
Naples, FL 34110
(239)594-2000.
Naples,FL 34110    
Post a Comment