tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Hour at Avenue 5 (Closed) and The Christmas Tree Lighting On 5th Avenue South




is a restaurant on 5th Avenue South in Naples, FL. My dining companions (DCs) and I decided to try happy hour here while waiting for the annual Christmas tree lighting in adjacent Sugden Square. The restaurant has been open for about 1 year.

The interior of the restaurant is both contemporary and beautiful.
 
southwest florida forks


southwest florida forks



There is even outside seating which that evening was ground zero for the Christmas tree lighting.


Happy hour runs daily from 4:30-6:00 P.M., with special pricing on various items.


My DCs and I sampled a number of things. The first was a deconstructed Oysters Rockefeller.


Cornmeal-encrusted oysters were served atop spinach with bacon bits, and topped with a Sabayon/Fennel Jam mixture. Not bad.

Another dish that was ordered was the lump crab cake oscar.


This was the restaurant's take on this Classic Dish, served with Bernaise Sauce and asparagus. I do not usually order crab cakes out as they are frequently "short on the crab and long on the cake". This was not the case that night, and this was probably my favorite of the evening.

The barbecue duck flatbread came next.


I love duck, especially Confit Of Duck, which is what came with this dish. However, I thought the pineapple really clashed with the Savoriness of the other ingredients ( Caramelized Onions, peppers and Monterey Jack cheese.)

Better was the vegetarian flatbread,


topped with squash, zucchini, baby Arugula and Monterey Jack cheese.

Finally the steakhouse burger was sampled.


This meal in itself dish was topped with Gruyere cheese, an onion ring, roasted mushrooms, Bernaise sauce and a version of Irish Nachos, potatoes making the nachos Irish. I am not much of a hamburger person but this dish was not bad.

On the whole, I thought the happy hour offerings were good and will come back again.

Being very full at this point my DCs and I decided to join everyone else outside


for the lighting of the Christmas tree.


After wandering 5th Avenue for a bit which was closed that evening to accommodate the crowd,


and still very full I felt tired like the attendee in this picture and decided to call it a night.


Merry Christmas everyone! That's that for another review on Forks.

Avenue 5 Restaurant
699 5th Avenue South
Naples, FL 34102
(239)403-7170

Post a Comment