tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Lunch at Bayona



is located on Dauphine St. in New Orleans, LA. Dauphine St. was at one time called Calle de Bayona. This was when New Orleans was colonized by Spain primarily in the 18th century, hence the name of the restaurant.

They have a very pleasant courtyard area where you can dine,


or an indoor area which is where dining companion (DC) and I decided to eat lunch.



What is really great about this restaurant is the $25.00 3-course Prix Fixe Saturday only lunch menu.


You are not restricted to the starter, entree and dessert thing, you can mix it up if you want. This is great for dessert-averse people like myself.

After some breads were brought to the table,


DC ordered the Indonesian peanut celery soup.


The dish reminded me of the Peanut Sauce used in Indonesian cuisine, which is not surprising. Not bad.

Being a lover of beets, I tried the roasted beets with beet top fritters and yoghurt dressing.



Really really good. The beet green Fritters were a tasty and new dining experience for me.

DC moved on to the the Pork Schnitzel with Spaetzle and mushrooms.


It was good but I was not into German food that day. I ordered the pate.


This was served with Crostini and Mostarda, a sort of mustard-flavored fruit jam. I love pate but unfortunately you never seem to get enough of it when ordering out.

DC having a sweet tooth, finished up with an orange tart with cherry Coulis (a thick strained cherry sauce) and Earl Grey Tea Gelato.


It was good and very imaginative as the food can be here. I particularly liked the gelato. I don't think they serve this flavor in very many places.

I finished with the grilled Teriyaki Hanger Steak with fried eggplant, Mizuna (a bitter Japanese green) and green onions.


It was great, and gave me a much needed Asian fix that day.

I have been here twice for this lunch, and it is a must do when in New Orleans. The food for this lunch is innovative and one of the best values in town.


That's that for another post on Forks.

Bayona
430 Dauphine St.
New Orleans, LA 70122
(504)525-4455

Bayona on Urbanspoon
Post a Comment