tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lunch At HB's On The Gulf



southwest florida food and restaurant reviews


is a beachfront restaurant in The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club.

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

I love this restaurant because of it's outside seating,

SOUTHWEST FLORIDA FOOD AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS

and understated elegance inside.

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

My dining companion (DC) and I were there for lunch. I was fortunate that day to have vintner Frank Baroudi as my DC, owner of Puro Uno vineyards in Mendoza, Argentina.

southwest floridA FOOD and restaurant reviews

His story and approach to making wine is very interesting and the subject of an upcoming blog post. Now for the food.

HB's has a number of interesting things on their lunch,

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

drink,

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

and wine and beer menu.


Sourdough bread was brought to the table with olive oil seasoned with Tarragon. Really good.



We then ordered lunch. I ordered the Grouper tacos.

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

This was served with Chipotle- flavored Sour Cream, Cilantro lime Coleslaw and Pico De Gallo. Tasty. 

DC ordered the seared tuna.

southwest florida food and restaurant reviews

Seared Ahi (Yellowfin) tuna was served with apple and Fennel salad and topped with a Pomegranate Balsamic Reduction. The flavor was great but unfortunately there was not very much of it as the tuna portion size was somewhat anemic. I think this would be best left to an appetizer.

This restaurant has a beautiful setting, one of the best in Naples. The food, on the whole is very good and I would come back here without hesitation.

That's that for another review on Forks.

HB's On The Gulf
851 Gulf Shore Blvd. N.
Naples, FL  34102
(239)435-4347

HB's On The Gulf on Urbanspoon
Post a Comment