tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Hour at The Real Seafood Co.


southwest florida forks

is a restaurant in North Naples, FL and is located in The Shoppes at Vanderbilt.

southwest florida forks

Their Happy Hour Menu is served daily from 4 to 7 P.M. in either their patio area

southwest florida forks

or in their Raw Bar.

southwest florida forks
southwest florida forks

My dining companion (DC) and I shared a number of items off the happy hour menu. The first was the house salad.

southwest florida forks

This was mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, pecans, Julienned cucumbers and a shallot Vinaigrette. Very nice.

Point Judith Calamari were also ordered, lightly fried and served with Saffron Aioli  and lemon wedge.

southwest florida forks

 
I also ordered the smoked salmon with lump crab tower.

southwest florida forks

This was Lox, or fillet of brined salmon topped with a pineapple, mango and avocado salsa and finished with lump crab meat. It was good but the blue corn chips served with them were stale. Not to worry, I don't eat these anyway.

Finally we ordered salt and pepper tuna.

southwest florida forks

This was seared tuna, served with Wasabi and Ponsu Sauce, a sort of citrus-soy sauce. Sushi rice and pinapple with mango salsa were also served with this.

Having seen this maniacal person taking pictures of the food at the raw bar, an adjacent diner asked me what I was doing. After I told him he generously offered up his order to be photographed. Littleneck Clams and Blue Hill, ME mussels were cooked in white wine, garlic, butter, sweet peppers and Chorizo sausage.

southwest florida forks

I think you will agree, it looked delicious.

The happy hour at The Real Seafood Co. was very good, a great value and I would return without hesitation. It's a wrap for another review on Forks.

The Real Seafood Co.
8960 Fontana Del Sol Way
Naples, FL 34109
(239)591-3232

Real Seafood Co. on Urbanspoon
Post a Comment