tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Monday, March 17, 2014

Dinner at Bellissimo Ristorante

Last Saturday, March 15th was the Ides of March. What better way to commemorate the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 B.C. than going out to eat at an Italian restaurant.


southwest florida forks

is an Italian restaurant in Bonita Springs, FL.

They have a very nice indoor dining area.

southwest florida forks

My dining companion (DC) and I went there for dinner.

DC and I split a starter, the calamari alla griglia, or grilled calamari.

southwest florida forks

The calamari were grilled, a plus and served with Arugala, tomato wedges and lemon. Even though an herb-Balsamic vinegar sauce was served over the calamari, they were not very flavorful and probably should have been marinated much more. The tomatoes were the same way and tasted similar to the grocery store variety. This was my least favorite of the evening.

DC ordered the snapper Puttanesca.

southwest florida forks

It was very good. Puttanesca sauce is quite potent, and is made from tomatoes, anchovies, basil, Capers and Kalamata Olives. This was served with veggies and potatoes.

I ordered the petto di pollo al cardinale.

southwest florida forks
This was chicken breast (petto) topped with Mozzarella cheese and roasted red peppers (cardinale) and finished with a sherry Demi-Glace sauce. This was served with sauteed veggies and potato and was also very good. We can thank M. Escoffier for the sauce that was on my plate that evening!

DC and I also split an order of funghi trifolati.

southwest florida forks

These were mushrooms that were sauteed in brandy and shallots and were delicious.

We were also offered a dessert menu.

Sorry no room, but it all looked great!

Apart from the wrong choice of starter, the food was good and I would most likely come back.

That's that for another review on Forks.

Bellissimo Ristorante
26251 S. Tamiami Trail Ste. 9
Bonita springs, FL 34134
(239)405-8957

Bellissimo Ristorante on Urbanspoon

Post a Comment