tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Thursday, January 2, 2014

Em-On's Thai Cafe

Em-On's Thai Cafe
southwest florida forks
is in the Green Tree Center in Naples, Fl.

southwest florida forks

It is located on the Southwest corner of Airport-Pulling and Immokalee roads. Em-On's has had the same owner and has been in the center for 20 years. In my book, this is a very good sign.

The dining area is very accommodating, with your choice of booths or tables.

southwest florida forks


They have a great lunch special, which runs from 11-3 Monday-Saturday day for $8.99. You will get a nice bowl of soup, a spring roll and an entree with white rice. Here is the menu. I apologize for the quality of the initial photo, but you can't be 100% all the time!

southwest florida forks

My dining companion (DC) decided to get one of the lunch specials. DC had Wonton Soup which looked very good.

southwest florida forks
DC does not like coconut milk, the Sine Qua Non of Thai Curries. DC opted for Prik-King-Gai which is a chicken stir fry with curry paste and vegetables. In this case, snow peas and carrots were used  It also came with a spring roll.

southwest florida forks
I have eaten here many times. The last time I was here I noticed a diner having a very good looking dish of Pad Thai. This is a stir fry dish with rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, Fish Sauce and peanuts among other things. What made this dish so appealing to me was the amount of shrimp in it.
southwest florida forks.
This particular dish is not part of the lunch special, but extra shrimp were only $3.00 more and it's quite enough to eat.

I have eaten here many times over the years and certainly would go back again.

Happy new year everyone,

another review on forks.

Em-On's Cafe
2364 Immokalee Rd.
Naples, FL 34110
(239)566-1993

Em-On's Thai Cafe on Urbanspoon
Post a Comment