tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Turtle Club

As I blog about foods, wines and restaurants there is a caveat. All of this is extremely subjective. It's all a matter of taste. I can say to you that this is the best place to dine with the best food, but you may think otherwise. This is exactly what happened the other day. I, in a previous post, thought that Baleen was the best waterfront restaurant in Naples, FL to dine at. My dining companion (DC) begs to differ, and loves the Turtle Club just down the street. Upon an invitation to eat there, I thought "hummh, fodder for another post".

The Turtle Club is about a block away from the Ritz-Carlton at Vanderbilt Beach, which towers over it. Although it is a much different dining experience from the Ritz, it by no means stands in it's shadow.

As you pull up, you are treated to another valet service for your car, which seem to be ubiquitous in Naples, FL.


southwest florida forks

As you walk to the restaurant, there is a landscaped pathway which has somewhat of an orchid garden in it. Very civilized.


southwest florida forks


The dining area is very nice, as well as the bar.


southwest florida forks

SOUTHWEST florida forks




We were fortunate to be seated at table 20. This table is right next to the window in the northwest corner of the restaurant. Not only can you sit inside, but also get a pleasant waterfront view.


southwest florida forks

We started with a couple of glasses of white wine that were quite tasty.

southwest florida forks

I chose the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc. A bit of minerality, but good.




DC had a Saint Jean Chardonnay, also very good.



There are a number of very appealing items on the menu.

southwest florida forks

southwest florida forks

I apologize for the poor depth of field in these photos. Watch that f-stop!

DC got the honey and almond roasted salmon salad. The presentation is lovely with the toasted almonds and berries. I think this is DC's favorite dish in all of Naples.

southwest florida forks

The following picture will confirm that.


southwest florida forks

I had the special, which on that day was sauteed red snapper on a bed of sauteed asparagus, baby carrots and fingerling potatoes. It was served with a beurre blanc  (Beurre Blanc) sauce. This sauce in particular goes well with fish. Trying in vain to watch my caloric intake, I had it on the side. Very good!

southwest florida forks

The table next to us ordered some delicious looking fish dishes. I think you will agree.

southwest florida forks

Should you want to eat outside, there is plenty of outdoor seating.

southwest florida forks

I used to think this restaurant was just o.k. but after dining there a few times over the past couple of years I have become a convert. Do the same and I think you will too.

The Turtle Club
9225 Gulfshore Dr.
Naples, FL 34108
(239)592-6557

Turtle Club on Urbanspoon

 
Post a Comment