tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Hour at Roy's

May the 4th was Kentucky Derby Day, a perfect excuse to go out for happy hour. This is to be followed by Cinco de Mayo, an even better excuse. More on this later.

My dining companion and I ended up at Roy's in Bayfront. Bayfront is one of those mixed use residential/commercial developments near downtown Naples.




We walked there, but if you drive they have a complementary valet service, not uncommon in this area.



Roy's is a chain of about 30 restaurants mostly in North America. With these restaurants, you have the cachet of them being under the purview of Roy Yamaguchi, a James Beard Foundation award winner.



Happy hour was from 4:30-6:30 P.M. You can choose to sit at the bar




or at one of the "high tops"


or outside.


On the happy hour menu they have a number of different wines and small plates, all for $6.00.


We opted for the Rutherford Ranch ( Rutherford Ranch ) chardonnay, which was very nice.


We decided to sample the beef short rib tacos. Not bad. The shells were made from taro root, touted as gluten free. Very trendy.


We then tried the tempura crusted spicy ahi roll, as it was recommended by our server. I am not a big fan of anything fried and against my better judgement, tried it anyway. Of the 3 menu items we tried, this was the least favorite.


Last but not least were the wagyu beef sliders. Wagyu are a breed of cattle (Wagyu Beef) and their meat is quite delicious.


They are served with caramelized (really cooked to bring out the sugars) onions, a chipotle aioli (a smoked jalapeno mayonnaise sauce) and some really good sweet potato fries. This was by far the best of the three.

Would I go back? Probably but not in a rush. Should you wish to try it here it is.

Roy's
475 Bayfront Place
Naples, Fl
(239)261-1416


Roy's on Urbanspoon
Post a Comment