tracking

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Southwest Florida Forks

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

About Me

My Photo


I have started this blog, Southwest Florida Forks, as I want to share my dining and food experiences with you both textually and pictorially.
I love food and photography and it is my hope that through my dining/food/traveling combined with photos I can bring to you an accurate log of my experiences.
A fork can be an eating implement used to pick things up, as well as being a point where something disperses, perfect for a blog.
You can choose to use these postings as a guide, and if not, perhaps just see life through my lens.



Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Hour at Brio Tuscan Grille

The Bravo/Brio Group are a group of restaurants in 31 U.S. states (Bravo/Brio Locations). In Naples, FL Brio Tuscan Grille is located in Waterside Shops, as is Nordstrom Cafe Bistro, which was reviewed in an earlier post.

southwest florida forks


The bar area is open air, and a nice place to spend time with friends.

southwest florida forks

southwest florida forks

Although it looks fairly tranquil now late on a Wednesday afternoon in May, good luck getting seating in the winter months. I have waited close to an hour for a table. It gets that crowded!

Their happy hour runs from 3-630 PM Monday-Friday, and 9PM-close Monday-Thursday. They have a number of small plates for 3.99 that are for the most part a good value. Drink specials are also offered (Brio Happy Hour).

I went there with an old coworker (OC). OC ordered the tomato and mozzarella capri. This was a small salad of greens, basil, tomatoes, balsamic dressing on the side and fresh mozzarella, which made the salad.

southwest florida forks

OC also ordered the garlic, spinach and artichoke dip with cheese. This was served with Parmesan flat bread as the vehicle for the dip.

southwest florida forks

Heavy duty! I have been off cheese since I gave up my mid western citizenship years ago. OC liked it being a fairly recent Chicago transplant.

I ordered the shrimptini. This is a presentation in a martini glass of greens, which I guessed were dressed with a Caesar dressing, shrimp, cocktail sauce (Cocktail Sauce) and a bit of flax seed flat bread.

southwest florida forks
Not bad, my favorite of the afternoon.

I also ordered the ravioli caprese, never having had this before. I was not into this as the romano breading on the pasta was just too much. The tomato basil sauce it was served with was pretty tasty though.

southwest florida forks

I should have know better as I am not really into breaded, fried food.

Finally I wanted to try the Brio Burger. Topped with provolone cheese, served with kettle chips and cut into quarters.


Although not much of a hamburger person, this was practically a meal in itself. The patty must have been a third of a pound. After all that I ordered, all I could eat was a quarter of this.

One thing I did notice was that once the food was served, a few flies ended up buzzing around the table. This is not unexpected for outdoor dining. Our server brought over a small plate that had Tabasco (Tabasco Sauce) sauce poured into it, and placed it on the table near the food. A neat trick. Although it did not get rid of them it sure kept them at bay.

That's my take on "Brio". All around a pleasant place to have a bite and a beverage. A good part of the happy hour scene in Naples, FL.

Brio Tuscan Grille
Waterside Shops
5505 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, FL 34108
(239)593-5319

Brio Tuscan Grille on Urbanspoon


Post a Comment